If you are going to hire someone to do your seo what should you expect?
Apart from the obvious, RESULTS, your expectations of any seo service should be to support your main business goals.
SEO is a service, the internet is nothing than a media in which you can:
- Gain new customers
- Develop your brand
- Service existing customers
- Find new business partners/growth opportunities
So how are you going to use this media? Most people use consciously or unconsciously to gain new customers. If you have a website because you felt you needed to have one you are included in this group. It’s just that you may never have thought consciously about how to use the internet to aid your business.
Here are a few tips about using the internet to gain new customers:
- Set a goal for your site. For example my goal is that anyone serious about improving their business by working with a SEO company contacts me. I don’t want people to contact me who cannot afford this service or are not truly committed to growing their business. Now what’s your goal?
- Offer something of value to potential customers. The biggest barrier to getting a new customer into your business is lack of TRUST. Anything you can to increase trust is something potential clients will value. For example a plumber could offer a simple FREE report titled ‘7 Costly Mistakes People Make When Hiring a Plumber and How YOU Can Avoid Making Them’. If you’re thinking of hiring a plumber you’d have to be at least a little interested in this information. NOW think about how can you apply this to your business.
- Remove distractions. Looking back at your goal you need to get anything else, that might limit your ability to achieve this goal, off your website. So if you want them to take the FREE report make sure it’s the most visible and prominent thing on your site.
That’s it for now. Remember if you’re serious about getting more customers from the internet you need to visit Seo Melbourne.