One thing is obvious when I talk to businesses about their online marketing. That is there is very little structure, planning and measurement around their marketing performance. This is pretty sad because if there’s one marketing area where tracking is relatively easy it’s online.
So what’s the solution? In simple terms it is to set some clear goals for the marketing and to make sure your website is designed in a way that supports those goals. This means your site:
- Must have a clear and compelling offer.
- Must make getting involved with your business low risk for them. This is where a great free report is really useful.
- Have multiple forms of contact and staying in touch with your business. There’s nothing wrong with and big and bold phone number on the site rather than just an anonymous contact form.
- An automated follow-up system.
- Simple but professional design.
- Nothing on the site that distracts visitors from taking your ‘most wanted action’.
Right now I am just finishing up a new free report covering this topic in greater detail it will be called something like ’13 Ways to Get More Leads, Convert More Leads to Sales and Generate More Cash From Your Website’. I am interesting in knowing if you’d like a copy when it’s done to send out to your database and social media followers. The report can be co-branded with your business name and details. Just reply to this post, call me or use the contact form on my site to let me know you’re interested in it when it’s released.