Method 1 Facebook Pages
This is the first post in a series of posts that will be sent out over the next month (quicker if we get more time to write them)!
Facebook recently hit 1 billion users. That’s a pretty amazing number of users. It’s also a pretty amazing business opportunity if done right.
If online is a serious part of your marketing then you need a Facebook page for your business. To create a page go to http://www.facebook.com/pages
Once you have made your page, and this post isn’t about that, then you need to make sure you have some key things setup. First you need to get at least 30 followers so you can claim your vanity url. A vanity url looks like http://www.facebook.com/yourbusinessnamehere . A simply way to get your 30 is simply to ask your existing clients and friends to like your business page.
Once you have your 30 subscribers, in fact before if you can, make sure you add a Timeline cover image to make your page look professional.
Now that the page is set-up make sure you have a schedule to post to it semi-regularly. Ideally twice a week but at least once a week. Also recommended is to:
- Include a Facebook button on your website so people can find your page.
- Mention your page in other social media you use e.g. Twitter, Google +, LinkedIn.
- Include your Facebook url on all marketing materials as soon as you can.
- Build some links to your page (Facebook pages can rank really well in Google if done right;)
- Stick at it. A Facebook page won’t bring you riches overnight but if you keep going it can be an excellent source of targeted leads for your business over the years ahead.
If you need help or have any questions shoot them across to us and we’ll get back to you as fast as we can.